Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday: Five

Hi. Happy Monday. Here's the random scoop:

Brag:

So I have a confession to make (and some of you are going to read it, scowl, and probably never read my blog again. come back!) I ran in a tank top and shorts yesterday. I'm sorry. I wore flip flops today. I'm double sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I had to put on my fuzzy bear coat jacket tonight. It's not completely summer here yet...

Food for thought:

So, for those of you on Facebook...have you noticed that every other post is someone responding to a Buzz Feed "Who/what are you?" quiz? You have noticed it, haven't you...I mean...they're taking over facebook. I took a "Where are you supposed to live?" one about a month ago and it told me Portland. While I think I would love to live there (mainly because of Stumptown Coffee Roasters and VooDoo Doughnuts), I would miss the sun! ANYWAYS, due to my ridiculous hunger pains right now, I decided to take a "What food matches your personality" quiz. The questions were so ridiculous, but I was excited. What is my fool soul mate? My inner dialogue was saying, "I bet it's mac & cheese...no cheeseburgers...OH I KNOW cupcakes stuffed with cookie dough!"

You wanna know what the darn quiz told me? My personality match is a sandwich. A sandwich? REALLY. I mean, sandwiches are good and all, but I don't even like exciting sandwiches! Just give me the meat and cheese. LAME. I am definitely a s'mores stuffed french toast kinda personality (see below.)

Take it and see what kind of food you match with here: BF Food Personality Quiz

Music:

Right after I posted last Monday's blog, this song came on my Spotify. How the heck have I never heard this song before? I really like Imagine Dragons but have only listened to the songs on the radio. Life CHANGED!

On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons

Excitement: 

This is Jerrod's last week working on the ranch! He's had quite the experience in the middle of nowhere, Texas, and is ready to move on with his life. I'm thrilled for him and happy to know that he won't have to run from or be chased up fences by huge, exotic animals anymore! Shoot him (no pun intended if ya know what I mean) some positive vibes/congratulations on his facebook this week. He deserves it for all of his hard work! 

Neat:

Google Translate recently added te reo Maori to their list of translatable languages! I studied te reo in New Zealand (as it's the native culture's language) and loved it. I typed in "Thank you for reading my blog" and this is what it gave me: "Mauruuru no te pānui toku rangitaki!" I'd love to hear you all pronounce it.

Need to bake:

This baby showed up in my instagram feed today. Is it possible to swoon over food pictures? I mean, I do. Constantly. Okay. 

Photo property of Two Peas and Their Pod

The recipe is called Easy Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting. Food blog FTW!!!! Now I just need some ripe bananas...  Click the link under the photo to be taken to the recipe!

Countdown:
  • In 18 days, I will be in Illinois. 18 days! I am so gosh darn freaking excited. Spring Breaaaak!
  • In less than 3 months, I will be finished with my classes and my life in Monterey. Holy smokes!
  • In 3 months, I have no idea where I will be living or what I will be doing. Yay!!! (I'm workin' on it.)

Seriously Hungry:

Photo property of BS' in the Kitchen

Do you want to know what that is? That, my friends, is s'mores stuffed french toast. ALL THE THINGS. A few years ago, I hated s'mores (so un-American of me), but once I figured out that replacing the Hershey's bar with a Reese's Peanut Butter cup is literally the best thing ever, I became a big fan. BUT THIS. Oh, this. I want, I want! Click the link under the photo to be taken to the recipe! 

What:

Pickles have always grossed me out. I would take them out of my Happy Meal cheeseburgers when I was a kid. The awesome kids I babysat in high school would literally drink the pickle juice out of the jar and make me gag. I would give them away to Jerrod when we went out to eat. The other day, I ordered pickles on the side of my sandwich [maybe I am a sandwich personality? not.] so I ate a few. It was difficult. Can't do it. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. I'm on an "eating plan". Stop writing about food. As for the pickles...MeMe used to make Bread and Butter pickles that were out of this world. You would have loved them I bet! Fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the un-healthy food posts, Mom. I'll try to work in some healthier eats : )

      Delete