Friday, November 15, 2013

Quinn goes crazy...but here are some pictures!

Oh...hi. Have any of you ever heard of this thing called "grad school"? It's a thing where you go to school and after a certain amount of time you graduate and they give you a degree and you can then have everyone you know call you a Masta'?

Yeah...so....does anyone else know that they don't give you any work for the first two months of school and then go "Students, please complete 500 assignments in these few, very short, last weeks of school." True statement. I'm swamped, blog readers! In that case, here are some pictures (because pictures are more fun than me telling you about everything I have to get done.) On the plus side...LESS THAN A MONTH before I'm DONE with my FIRST semester! WAHOO!

Also, remember you can click on the pictures to make them bigger!

This one time...I went on what I thought would be an easy, hour long bike ride. It turned into like 22 miles or something crazy like that and I thought I was going to have to stop and curl up on the side of the road in the fetal position.

Note to self: don't bike (excuse me, cycle) with people who ride super fast and have fancy bikes...especially when you are riding a $65 bike you found on craigslist that has shady brakes.

Our turn-around point was Lone Cypress which is a popular stopping point on the famous 17-mile drive! (Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.) That tree is the actual Lone Cypress.

Also taken at Lone Cypress
 
Our school had a fall break in October and I headed up to the Lake Tahoe area with some friends that had a connection to a cabin! It was a fun couple of days in the wilderness and I got to check a "must do" off my life list - hike part of the Pacific Crest Trail! Here are some of my favorite pictures:

 

The cabin we stayed in sits right on a teeny tiny lake. You can hike around the lake and get some good views!



This is not the cabin I stayed in. It's the cabin next door. Um, hi. Can I move in please?

Another view of my dream cabin.

The other side of my dream cabin. Imeanreally.

Here is the cabin we stayed in. It's owned by Dartmouth College. It's old and rickety and a little worn down, but it comfortably slept a big group of us!
 
Early morning frost. Something I will never see in Monterey.


Squeeee!
 
A good portion of the trail looked like this. I did not break an ankle, thankfully. So many big rocks.
 
View of Lake Mary (the lake the cabin is on)


I think this might be one of my most favorite pictures I have ever taken!


Babybel should pay me for this!

 
Lunch spot! I didn't complain. (My friend Jamie took this.)
 

 This part of the trail made me feel like I was in Lord of the Rings.



Jamie & I made it to the top of Mt. Judah! It was COLD!

 
Drew, Jamie, and I were in charge of dinner! Enchiladas!

Jamie snapped this. That deck became my nap spot the next day.
 

 
I.love.succulents.
 
Who wants a biz card? I've got 250 of them!
 
 
Okay. That's all for now! More to come soon...well, I can't guarantee soon. Adios! Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with family & friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment